PROGRAM: Wellness Clinic
CBWW offers women’s healthcare (GYN) through its Wellness clinic, which operates 3-4 days per week in a community-based setting. Our healthcare services are comprehensive in nature, to address the myriad of health needs and concerns of our underserved population. The Community Health Specialist is responsible for assisting the Nurse Practitioners in providing compassionate, quality health care to Wellness clinic patients. This is a full-time position reporting directly to the Clinic Coordinator.
- Assist our providers in conducting Telehealth visits, including helping our client’s use the Telehealth platforms.
- Ensure that visits align with our program goals.
- Collecting and documenting demographic, care preference, medication-related, and environmental information, vital signs, and other information as directed by the providers. (In some cases, we provide delivery for medical supplies to our clients that do not have access to medical devices used to monitor blood glucose levels and blood pressures.)
- Conduct follow-up phone calls to clients regarding lab testing reminders, initiating referrals appointments, prescriptions, follow-up appointments, etc.
- Compiling and documenting prescription, lab, medical supply, and follow-up logs.
- Work in collaboration with Wellness team (including the clinic team) to ensure high quality care for our patients.
- Greet and register patients by obtaining and verifying patient information such as name, demographic data, and consent.
- Prepare patients for telemedicine visit, giving them instructions, and expectations based upon the visit type and reason for the visit.
- Performs virtual intake with patients, obtains pertinent medical history for use by the provider.
- Alerts provider of any social-emotional concerns assessed during the intake and screening.
- Answer telephone calls and voice mail messages, determining the nature of calls, document, relay messages, and respond to routine inquiries following established procedures.
- Properly route labs, referrals, and diagnostic reports in EHR.
- Performs next day preparation, which includes chart preparation, and pre-registration.
- Will be required to be onsite for clinic days. (Currently Tuesday and Thursday 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.)
- Will be required to be onsite to monitor, stock supply inventory, organize office and setup office post clinic expansion.
- Performs general office duties such as copying, faxing, scanning, mailing, answering phones and making appointments.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and attend other meetings as assigned.
- Participate in Community Outreach events as deemed appropriate by supervisor.
- Stock and set-up examination room prior to clinic; clean exam room between patients
- Assist Nurse Practitioners with physical examination(s), as needed
- Obtain blood specimens by performing venipunctures and finger-sticks
- Assist provider with patient office visits, which includes rooming patients, interviewing patients, recording vital signs including pulse rate, blood pressure, height and weight, and entering information in patient Electronic Health Records (EHR).
- Prepare and review patient chart prior to patient’s appointment; review charts for completeness ensuring all required information is included; note any deficiencies and utilize all available resources (internal and external)
- Organize exam rooms including general cleaning, upkeep, and re-stocking of supplies
- Perform administrative tasks (prescription refills, referrals and provide patient educational material)
- Dispose of contaminated sharps in accordance with applicable laws, standards, and policies
- Track collected specimens and enter information into the lab logs and requisitions
- Prepare results for patient letters and prepare for mailing
- Maintain clinic inventory and order supplies, as needed
- Assist providers with supervision of clinical students referred to CBWW for supervised clinical experience
- Insert any lab results or prescription refills to be reviewed by the provider in appropriate patient file
- Scan patient results, referrals, and medical record requests into the EHR system for primary care patients
- Responsible for assisting with chart transition to EHR system
- Attend scheduled department staff huddles and clinic meetings
- Perform all duties and services in full compliance with CBWW’s excellence standards
- Attend training for certifications
- Attend local health fairs to conduct community-based screenings (ex., blood pressure checks)and to increase awareness and promotion of services
Education & Certification
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Prior administrative or clerical experience in a clinical or community-based setting highly preferred
- Medical Assistant / Phlebotomy is a requirement
- Minimum of one (1) year clinical work experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and EHR systems
- Basic to intermediate computer knowledge and skills
- Understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality; able to maintain confidentiality under HIPAA standards
- Must have the ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy and tact; excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be highly flexible; able and willing to handle a variety of tasks
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work some Saturday’s (if needed)
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Paid holidays (to include office closed with pay December 24th – January 1st each year)
- 401K Plan
- 35-hour work week
- Generous vacation and sick time
Salary is commensurate with experience. Interested applicants please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.