CBWW offers women’s healthcare (GYN) through its Wellness Clinic, which normally operates 3-4 days per week in a community-based setting. Our healthcare services are comprehensive in nature, to address the myriad of health needs and concerns of our underserved population. Reporting to the Clinic Coordinator, the Front Office/Data Entry Clerk is responsible for the day-to-day clerical needs of CBWW, patient scheduling, patient check-in/check-out and data entry. This position also interfaces with those doing business with CBWW.
Front Office Reception
- Serves as the first-line communicator for callers, visitors and others doing business with CBWW
- Receives telephone inquiries, responding in a professional and courteous manner and provides information to all callers about CBWW programs and services
Clinical Front Office Duties
- Greet new and existing patients upon arrival
- Schedule patient appointments, both new and follow-up
- Oversee completion of new patient and existing patient demographic paperwork and medical consents. Make copies and fax paperwork to other medical offices upon receiving an official request for records.
- Verify patient insurance to determine eligibility for care.
- Coordinate with other departments within CBWW to schedule Mammograms, Ultrasounds, and outside facility referrals.
- Contact patients to verify upcoming appointments and reschedule as needed. Email and text reminders.
- Appropriately block provider schedule in accordance with time off request.
- Collect and enter patient payments as well as, provide daily batch report to Clinical Coordinator
- Maintain cleanliness of patient waiting room and reception area.
- Provides clerical, file and clinic-day readiness support, including preparing patient charts prior to clinic days
- Provides patient assistance in completing intake forms and collects payment from patients, as necessary
- Compiles informational program packets as necessary for patients and the broader community
- Prepares, tracks, and mails patient annual appointment reminder postcards
- Faxes patient referrals to partner agencies
- Receives lab results and provides to Clinician for review
- Organize and maintain patient files and records, retrieve test results as needed for provider’s review
- Clinical interface with patient EHR system and associated data bases
- Provides data retrieval for reporting and evaluation purposes
- Tracks data on patients served noting specific grants as needed
- Medical billing and coding as needed
- Assist Clinic Coordinator with weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual medical billing reports.
- Paid holidays (to include office closed with pay December 24th – January 1st each year)
- 401K Plan
- Generous vacation and sick time
Salary is commensurate with experience. Interested applicants please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org